This ribbon I'm placing here for awareness in regards to: Factor V Leiden (the most common clotting disorder in the united states, which I have); Thrombophilia in general which is far more common in the population than hemophilia, however you hear about hemophilia much more than you hear about thrombophilia eve though it's just as deadly if not more so; AV malformations, which is what I've had to make recent hospital trips for (I have a huge amount of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations which cause me to cough up blood and have to go to the hospital and get them plugged with coils via pulmonary angiograms/arteriograms). Please help to spread the awareness of these conditions and disorders. They are out there, they are real.
For more information on Factor V Leiden and clotting disorders, visit the following pages:
First, watch this video, because it's funny as hell.
Here are a few rules if you wish to chat with me. I hate to lay down rules, but after about 85% of my chats going pretty badly because people refuse to use at least some semblence of normal language, I've decided perhaps I need to do this.
1. I despise chatspeak. I don't mind the lol's and that sort of thing, but if you can't spell out "you're" and "your", and you can't capitalize "I", then please don't bother talking to me. It's not that difficult. I just like to at least pretend the people I'm talking to have some sort of education. Basically think of it this way. If you couldn't type out what you're saying in a college or high school paper, then don't type it out to me. Thanks.
2. Do not, I repeat, do NOT, ask me "a/s/l". It's in my frakin' profile. You have no need to ask me this when chatting with me. I don't understand even random chat partners asking me this. It's stupid. My age is there. My gender is pretty obvious given the gender of my avatar... And my location is right...frakin'..there. So please. For my sanity and yours.. DON'T ASK ME THIS. I will yell at you.
3. Don't touch me. I realize they are just virtual people, but I dislike being touched. And I have a boyfriend, in case you can't tell by the big heart up there stating that I'm taken. No, I'm not looking. I'm happily involved with someone. Don't flirt with me. I'm here for friendly conversation (even if this little set of rules doesn't make it seem like it, I am actually friendly) and nothing else. So don't presume to try for more.
4. I may live in the US, but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant. Please don't assume that I am.
5. Most of the time, I set myself in Adults Only mode, simply because I don't feel like dealing with people who are younger and can't chat in anything but chatspeak. If you want to talk to me and you are under 18, I am open to it. Just post a comment or something, and I may or may not start a chat with you, depends on what I'm doing. ;)
6. Most important of all, respect me and I will respect you.
So. See the little box? The one with the pretty little stars in it? The pink present box with the sparkling stars? It's over two avatar pictures. Well, every day, ONCE a day, when I'm on, I'll randomly pick one of the two people who is underneath that box and give them something from their wishlist, however, I will ONLY do this IF they've left me a message. ^_~ Sound simple? If both people left a message, I'll do a sort of eenie meenie miny moe thing, and whoever wins gets the present. lol. But I'm pretty sure that most people aren't going to be leaving me messages. :P Hasn't happened yet. This is a bit of incentive to do so.
Don't miss out on visitors who come by to check you out. As a VIP, you can start making valuable connections today!
If you're wondering why in the world I have -so- much on my wishlist, it's because it's a shopping list of sorts for me. I see things in the catalog I like, but I can't afford it at the time, so I add it here. I appreciate gifts as much as the next person, but do not by any means feel obligated to buy me anything. ^_^ I just want to have things in here as a reminder that I came, I saw, I just couldn't get right then. Haha.
To all those who have gotten me gifts, I love them, and I adore you for it. Truly. Feel free to do so whenever you want to. Just keep in mind the above statement: this is mostly my "Hey, look, shiny!" list. *grin*